Sunday, May 29, 2011

Football Kaleidoscope

Football is not just football
It's like a kaleidoscope
It's colourful

I've played football on muddy fields
I've played football on grassy fields
I've played football on the artificial beaches of Sunway Lagoon
I've played football on artificial turfs
I've played football on rubberized courts
I've played football on cement
I've played football in a house compound
I've played football on basketball courts
I've played football on the streets

I've played football before the sun rises
I've played football under mid-day hot sun
I've played football at sunset
I've played football under the moonlight
I've played football on rainy days
I've played football on sunny days

I've played football with studded boots
I've played football with rubber-sole boots
I've played football with my running shoes
I've played football with my school shoes
I've played football with my flip-flops
I've played football barefoot

I've played football with a football as hard as a rock
I've played football with a football as light as a balloon
I've played football with a football as bouncy as a basketball
I've even played football without a football
Because I've played 'football' with a plastic bottle
Because I've played 'football' with a bottle cap
Because I've played 'football' with waste paper rolled into a ball

I've played football with my buddies
I've played football with my friends
I've played football with my relatives
I've played football with strangers
I've played football with foreigners
I've played football with people 5 years younger
I've played football with people 10 years older

I've played crowded 15-vs-15 football
I've played solo 1-on-1 football

I've watched football from the comfort of my home
I've watched football at friend's place
I've watched football at mamak stalls
I've watched football at warungs
I've watched football at chinese kopitiams
I've watched football at fast food outlets
I've watched football at western food restaurants

I've watched football drinking plain water
I've watched football drinking chinese tea
I've watched football drinking mamak teh tarik
I've watched football drinking coca-cola
I've watched football drinking starbucks coffee
I've watched football drinking beer

Football could make people engage in meaningful discussions
Football could make people engage in pointless debates
Football could make people engage in heated arguments

Football could make someone throw his fists up in the air in celebration
Football could make someone throw his fists on the table in frustration
Football could make someone wanna throw his fists on somebody else's face in anger

Football could make people put their differences aside while supporting the same team
Football could make people temporarily put friendships aside while supporting opposite teams

Football
Is so not a stupid game featuring 22 lame people chasing down a damn round ball

Football
Is quite a beautiful game
If you think it is

No comments:

Post a Comment