Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Counter-terrorists Win!


"Terrorists win!"
That was something I liked to hear
While I'm playing Counter Strike
Because I always join the terrorist force
Be the bad guys

But in real life
"Counter-terrorists win!"
Is what we all want to hear

Osama bin Laden
Number One on the Wanted Persons list
Numero Uno terrorist in the world
Leader of al-Qaeda
Was shot dead by the US army
In Pakistan yesterday

"Enemy Down!"

Almost 10 years after the 911 attacks and huntings for him began
Justice has been done

But somehow
The hype and ecstasy wasn't as great as I expected
At least on Facebook it seems so
I was expecting much more status updates about the killing
It turned out to be much lesser than I anticipated
For those who did have status updates about the killing
I noticed that they are mostly from people of my age or older than me
Only then I realize that 911 happened 10 years ago
People of a younger age were too young at that time for 911 to have a significance to them
So they don't know how 'big' and important the killing of Osama is
Even I was only 11 when it happened
But I do feel the significance of the event
And I'm one of the millions around the world who are happy to hear the news of victory against terrorism

Hopefully
This would be the beginning of the end of al-Qaeda

More importantly
This is a triumph of good over evil
An important victory in the war against terrorism

No comments:

Post a Comment