Saturday, April 2, 2011

Being Alone

I love being alone
Don't get me wrong
I don't mean I prefer being alone than being with friends
It's just that I don't mind being alone in a public place
I guess not many could say the same thing
I find enjoyment while being alone as well

Perhaps up till this point you might feel that I'm weird
But I assure that after you read my points
Your opinion would change

When I'm alone
Say
In a cafe
With a cup of coffee
I can fully enjoy the aroma of my cup of coffee
I'll spend my time observing the people around me
I can see different types of people
The way they talk
The way they dress
Their taste of drinks
Their preference of food
Guess their personality
Guess their profession
There are lots of things I could observe and think of when I'm alone
I don't get that luxury while I'm with friends
I'll be so occupied by those jokes and conversations
I wouldn't be able to fully feel the taste of my coffee
I would observe far less people in my surrounding

I wouldn't be worried that those people at the next table will be saying that I'm a lone ranger
Because they might not realize me at all
How I know?
Because when I'm busy with my friends
I probably wouldn't even realize that the person sitting at the next table is alone
Even if they did
So what?

So
To be sipping a cup of coffee
Surfing the net using my laptop
Enjoy what the public TV had to offer
And when I'm tired
Just sit down and observe the people and surrounding
Is a different way of enjoying life

When I'm alone
I could really see and think far more
Then when I'm with my friends

Being alone
Isn't that bad after all isn't it?

Just a note
To those who are very rejective of being alone
Try going alone to somewhere familiar whom you always go with friends
Whether is cafe, restaurant, bookstore, shopping complex or even mamak stall
You would see more of the place and see it differently
Trust me

But here I once again reiterate
I don't prefer being alone than being with friends
I actually prefer being talking and joking around with friends

It's just that I don't mind being alone

No comments:

Post a Comment