Sunday, January 22, 2012

Home

It's Chinese New Year eve
All about reunion

I don't have a hometown to return to during Chinese New Year
My everyday home is my hometown
Everyday I'm in my hometown

The place I grew up
Is the place I currently live everyday
Is also the place where basically all my relatives live
Both parent's side of relatives

There are people who study or work at a different place
Who go back to their home only on weekends
And they have a separate hometown to return to during Chinese New Year

I'm home everyday after studying
I'm home on weekends
And I don't have a hometown to return to during Chinese New Year

Perhaps it's a good thing that I am near to my parents and relatives everyday
But sometimes I wonder
Wouldn't it feel nice to have a 'kampung' to 'balik'?

No comments:

Post a Comment