Saturday, December 31, 2011

This Year: This City

A double dose of blog posts
On the final day of the year
I had a post about me
The highs and lows of my year
This post is about my city
The praises and complains about the place I live in

This year
This city
Road full of holes
Resulted from various projects
That involves digging the roads inside out
But without proper resurfacing
Gosh
Potholes everywhere
Damaging to my car
A torture to drive along those roads

This year
This city
Jam here and there
Roads kept changing to one-way streets
Yet the situation has not changed
If PJ had a Rothmans Roundabout famed for it's congestion
Then Meru Roundabout is this city's version of Rothmans Roundabout
Rothmans Roundabout has since became history
But Meru Roundabout's congestion is still a mystery

This year
This city
Criminal cases happened
Although the same goes to everywhere around this country
But sometimes it chills me to the spine
To hear one happening near me
Flip through the newspapers today
You will encounter a news that an old man was sentenced to death
For slashing his neighbour to death with a parang
Just because of a noisy gate
This case happened in this city
I was like what the hell?

But look on the bright side
This year
This city
A pasar malam got officially recognized as 'The Longest Pasar Malam In Malaysia'
By the Book of Records
A -.-" record by the way

This year
This city
Finally opened it's first Subway and Chatime
Finally following the footsteps of neighbouring cities

And last but not least
This year on the very last day
This city for the first time ever had new year countdown concert
Cool huh?

But all that doesn't covers the ugly side of this city mentioned above
It's down to the city council to do their jobs
And I just hope that
Next year
I don't have to drive into a pothole
And experience a loud 'earthquake' in my car
And curse like hell after that

No comments:

Post a Comment